Saturday, June 14, 2014

The Quest For Lost Comics: A handful of issues 5.

I'm back from Copenhagen with a bag full of new comics. ere are a few of the single issues I got my hands on:
I find Cable as a very odd comic-book character. Not because of his cyborg-body, nor his over the top big weapons, bu because he, apparently has telekinesis, but never use it, and instead use guns. But I never really tried to find out why, because I dont find him that interesting. Now I have tried to read the second issue of his first solo-series(I couldn't find issue 1), and I have to say that it's... kinda cool. In a 90's kin of way. But also kind of confusing, since there is a lot of characters I do not know who is, but I think I'm suppose to know to read Cable. Maybe they were part of issue 1? And what is up with his hair?
It's to early to say if the series is good or not, since this is apparently one of those with allot of buildup, but I think I will give it a chance, especially since the writer is Fabian Nicieza, writer of the New Warriors, and also Gambit, witch I haven't read, but heard should be good.
I have no idea who Moon Knight is. I think he has something to do with the Egyptian god of the moon named Khonsu, but he doesn't have any powers. But he is apparently a pretty big deal, so I have decided to read a little about him, starting with the 5th issue of his second series.
And it's pretty damn good! It has that dark tone the 80's had, before the 90's ruined it with bad art and extremeness. There is some good action, and it kind-of reminds me of "Sandman; Mystery Theater," so I think I will read some more Moon Knight.
But enough of positive surprises, lets get into some great disappointments...
As I have said before, I'm a big fan of the New Warriors(And I like the new series so far), and I had for a long time my doubts about whatever I should read the apparently not very successful second series or not. I found issue 7 for practically nothing, so I decided to give it a shot.
Apparently, I shouldn't.
It's kinda sad, since I can sense that the writer did his research before writing, but it's just not... well, it's not horrible. But it just annoy me how Turbo handles her anger against her boyfriend, who she discover is actually a super-villain that was suppose to finish her of. If he was a complete scumbag, sure, let him have it! But He let her beat him up, and offer to help with getting a gang the Warriors are looking for, and he even assist in the fight WITHOUT his gear, and she's STILL a (pardon my language) bitch toward him! Sure, she SHOULD be angry and feel betrayed, but enough is enough, woman! And the art is... awkward. It looks like the Warriors are making faces all the time. And I'm still irritated over Nita not being blue! And YES, I know that it's fake or something, but why should she bother putting make-up or whatever? She is Namorita FREAKING Prentis! She is strong, proud and self-secure! She has no need to be ashamed of how she looks!
But the worst part of it all, is Night Thrashers new look:
... Dwayne... What the heck are you wearing?!?!
Look, normally, this would be a pretty standard superhero costume, all things considered. But this is NIGHT THRASHER! He is known for his advanced armor, that may not be a Tony Stark, but is still damn advanced! It protect him from attacks from super-powered humans, but still allow him to move freely, so he could be an active member of the Warriors. And he takes extra care of protecting his identity by using a helmet that covers his entire head, and also changes his voice slightly.
This suit... he is not protected AT ALL! And what is up with those batarangs? And what is wrong with his face?
And why do I bitch about a hero nobody gives a damn about, besides me?!?!

That's all for now. I'm Waezi2, and thanks for wasting time with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment